Silvignano is an ancient “villa” of the County of Spoleto. It lies between 600 and 700 meters above sea level “straddle” Mount Poreta, facing the Pianciano Mountains, from one side to guard the Via Flaminia and the other of the ancient road that leads to Passo della Spina in the Marches passing by Valnerina.
The ancient village of Silvignano built in the XII C. was surrounded by walls from the mid-fourteenth century. It was assigned a military garrison to defend the valley from the incursions of armed gangs, entering a part of the defense system of the territory of the County of Spoleto together with the Castle of Campello and of Acera.
Spoleto in 1480 decreed the annexation of the “villa” of Silvignano to the Castle of Poreta, for a fee of 100 Fiorini.
In the village there are a beautiful shrine with frescoes from the second half of the XIV C., attributed to the Master of Fossa, and an interesting Romanesque church with important remains of the XII C. and a beautiful portal.
The Historical House Le Logge di Silvignano is one of the finest examples of medieval architecture (XI-XV C.) of Spoleto County. And ‘it ranked among the structures protected by the Ministry of Culture and Environment of the Italian State. Since 2003 is part of the Italian Historic Houses Association – ADSI